NJCSA offers a consulting program especially for New Jersey charter school boards. In this program, board members learn how to improve the quality of their governance work, which in turn enables them to fulfill their charter school missions and achieve excellence.
We cover such topics as:
- Charter School Board Readiness (primarily for new schools)
- Introduction to Charter School Governance
- Financial Literacy for Charter School Trustees
- Governance Best Practices
- Conducting Effective Board Meetings
- Board Self-evaluation
- Evaluating the Charter School Lead Person
- Goal Setting and Strategic Planning
- Recruiting New Board Members and Planning for Succession
STEP 2. Defining the scope of work – trustees work with our staff to define the purpose and objectives of the support plan
STEP 3. Implementation of the support plan
STEP 4. Ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the support
STEP 5. Identifying next steps
NJCSA Members receive a discount on these consulting services. All engagements are developed based on an initial telephone call to determine scope and needs. To start the conversation, please contact Rick Presser, Director of Schools Services, at 609-989-9700;4411 or email.