The New Jersey Charter Schools Association (NJCSA) is a non-profit membership association that represents the state’s charter school community and the students and parents they serve. We are committed to advancing quality public education for New Jersey’s children through the cultivation of quality public charter schools. We believe every child in the State of New Jersey should have the opportunity to attend a high-quality public school that best meets his or her needs.
Our Formula for Charter School Success
- Quality. Schools must achieve high levels of academic performance as well as meet the need of the whole child and family.
- Equity. All students, regardless of where they live or the nature of their needs, must have equitable access to a quality education.
- Autonomy. For strong schools to flourish, school leaders must have the freedom to make decisions based on the needs of their students, parents and teachers.
- Student Achievement. The goal of public education is to equip students for success throughout their lives.
Our Commitment to Improving Public Education
- Cultivate a robust network of new, high-quality charter schools that are able to meet the demands of the parents and the needs of the students they enroll.
- Strengthen the capacity of existing charter schools to achieve strong outcomes for students as they move from good to great.
- Promote the charter school model and strong charter policy among external stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Support success of the sector by creating an environment that encourages innovation, high-quality performance and accountability.