The Association is accepting conference session proposals from charter school educators, administrators and professional development providers who can directly address issues and topics that impact New Jersey charter school leaders, board members, operators and advocates.
Accepting Session Proposals Until Feb. 15
All proposals must be submitted through the online proposal submission form. Session proposals are being accepted online only. Session proposals due date has been extended to 5:00 pm EST on Monday, Feb. 15, 2016.
Following are some documents to assist in developing your session proposal:
- Proposal Deadlines: Important dates for presenters and reviewers
- Conference Session Development Guide: Suggestions for developing strong proposals and submission instructions.
- Session Proposal Template: A practice template for helping you draft your proposal before completing the online form.
- Recorded Webinar: Did you miss the Jan 14 webinar for potential presenters? Listen to it here. (about 25 minutes)
All proposals must be submitted via the online form. Any proposals submitted otherwise will be rejected without review.
Of paramount interest for the 2016 conference are sessions addressing the following topics:
- Preparing Students for College & Careers
- School Leadership
- Use of Data
- Advocacy / Law / Policy
- Governance & Operations
- New in 2016: We are seeking session presenters who have experience presenting topics that satisfy the continuing education needs for Qualified Purchasing Agents (QPAs): Green Purchasing, Procurement Procedures, Office Administration/General Duties, Ethics, and Information Technology.
New Session Lengths
To provide variety and flexibility to conference attendees, in 2016 we will be offering breakout sessions in varying lengths: one-hour sessions or two-hour “extended sessions.” Please indicate the preferred length of your session in the online proposal form.
Contact Rick Pressler, Director of School Services and Conference Session Chair, at 609-989-9700, ext. 4411, or firstname.lastname@example.org.